Here is how protesting goes. I am not saying this is the tradition, but it had been the trend the last few years.
1) There is a reason to protest. Maybe the protesters are right, maybe not.
2) Social media finds out. That is to say that, whether due to location or subject matter.
3) Social media RUNS WITH IT. And, don’t worry, you will only get one view point.
4) People come from outside the affected area.
5) Repeat sets 3 and 4.
6) These new people cause immense amounts of trouble and don’t follow laws.
8) More support.
9) The truth gets out.
10) Everyone forgets, because it didn’t actually affect them.
What did I miss? What are your thoughts?